~Evynn Reese~

My daughter, Evynn Reese was born on 11/1/2010. At 10 months old she was diagnosed with a profound hearing loss in both ears. This blog documents her journey to hear. It includes ups, downs, testing, hearing aids, cochlear implants, therapy, school and everything else going on in our crazy but wonderful life! Evynn is such a strong, incredible little girl and we are so very proud of her!







Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Week For "Firsts!"

We have quite an exciting week ahead of us! On Wednesday, 1/25/12, Evy's implants will be activated and she will finally be able to hear! We have been waiting for this moment for SO long,  and I can't believe it's so close! To prepare for the big day I bought Evy a new "activation day outfit" (perfect excuse to shop), and we went online and ordered her a special headband which makes it easier for her to wear the cochlear implants. Since I have been so anxious for the 25th, my dreams over the past few nights have been completely consumed with thoughts of activation day. Will she be happy and smile, or will she be scared and cry? I don't know what to expect, but whatever her first reaction to sound may be, I know that it will forever be one of the most special days of our lives! I can't wait to catch every moment of it on camera and let her watch some day.

Speaking of catching special moments on camera, we got a pretty special one tonight. Evy has been taking "baby steps" for months now, but was a little too scared to really take off and go for it. Well, today she took those first "real" steps, and it was so exciting to watch! We think it is amazing that she will have reached two major milestones in one week, and we are so proud of her! I know she has many more accomplishments to come in the next year or so and I can hardly wait to watch!  Here she is taking those first steps... Go Evy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment